Using the Pendrive in the place of windows is the excellent idea to select. Then Pendrive bootable can be done using the cmd comment prompt also in the windows setup files. Pendrive bootable is very easy and quicker task to do, just by typing the commands it will take your Pendrive bootable.
How to Create a Bootable USB Drive Without Using Any Software
After that, it can be used for the every Windows installation process. It is very straightforward and easier to boot the Pendrive without erasing any data or files in your device. There are many ways to create the bootable USB drive, where most of them require copying the files manually, may lead to mistakes.
Steps to make Pendrive Bootable:
- Here are the steps which will be more helpful for you to make your Pendrive bootable in an easier way.
- The first thing is to insert your USB drive in your running computer, and then need to run the command prompt as administrator.
- This cmd can be found by typing the ‘cmd’ in the search box and after the search result select and run as administrator.
- Then type ‘diskpart’ on the command prompt and click on it, then wait until the program run.
- After that type ‘list disk’ to view the active drive on the computer and click on it.
- There it is seen as disk 0 in case of active disk, then disk 1 for your USB drive with its total capacity.
- The next thing is to type ‘select disk 1’ to determine the disk one which would be the next step to proceed.
- Next to that type ‘clean’ to remove all the data in the drive.
- Then type ‘create partition primary’ for creating the primary partition and then it is recognized by windows as ‘partition 1.’
- Select the ‘partition 1’ for setting up it as an active partition.
- The type ‘active’ for activating the current partition.
- For formatting the existing partition as NTFS file system, type ‘formatfs=ntfs quick’ and click on them.
- Finally, type ‘exit’ for leaving the disk part program.
These are the certain steps to be followed to make the Pendrive bootable. For creating the bootable USB drive as a Windows installation media, need at least 4GB of minimum capacity.
If it is a case of large capacity, it will be much better. Some of the methods will be harder to make the Pendrive bootable, but if you follow the above steps, it will easier to do the process.
Before using this method, there is in need of .iso file for making the Pendrive bootable. If you don’t have that file makes use of Nero software to create the .iso file from CD/DVD. All these processes take nearly 2 minutes to complete the process in a favorable manner.
This cmd boot conversion will work on Windows vista/7/8/8.1/10 setups, for Windows XP there is in need of some software to make this bootable conversion. I hope all these things will be more helpful to make your Pendrive bootable easier. In the case of any doubts, you can comment in the discussion to get the clear view of it. 🙂